Are You Feeling Low? Take Part in Online Study – Recruitment Closed
- Are you currently feeling a little under the weather, fed up or stressed?
- Do you live in the United States, Canada or the United Kingdom?
- Are you over 18?
Researchers at University College London are carrying out an internet-based study into whether online support groups and expressive writing are beneficial for people.
This study is conducted entirely online.
It will involve you either joining an online support group or completing an expressive writing activity (minimum 5 minutes every two weeks) as well as filling in questionnaires about how you are feeling.
To take part in this research you need to be:
- Living in the United States, Canada or the UK.
- Over 18 years of age and able to read and write English.
- Willing to take about 20 minutes to fill in some forms online on three occasions over 6 months.
- Willing and able to carry out an expressive writing task or join and take part in an online support group.
- Willing to have your progress monitored over this period.
- Please do not take part if you have participated in one of the pilot studies.
Who is running the study?
The research is based at University College London. The principal researchers are Jeremy Dean, a researcher at UCL, Dr Chris Barker, a clinical psychologist at UCL and Dr Henry Potts, a lecturer at UCL.
Get full details of the study by clicking ‘next page’ below.